What is Skin Microneedling?
Microneedling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring. It has also been successfully used for hair restoration in cases of alopecia.
The Eclipse Micropen
The Eclipse Micropen microneedling system allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self‐repair mechanism by creating micro “injuries” in the skin which triggers new collagen synthesis, yet, does not pose the risk of permanent scarring. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile Micropen needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 30‐60 minutes depending on the required treatment and anatomical site.
Before and After Pictures
Advances In Platelet-Rich Plasma
PRP is a viable and intact concentration of human platelets in a small volume of plasma.
Features & Benefits
- Convenient Procedure: Takes less than 30 minutes
- Small Volume of Blood Required: Better patient tolerance
- Best Value – highest volume PRP Yield: ~6 mL’s of PRP per 10 mL tube
- Optimum Platelet Recovery: 87% ± 10%
- Consistent platelet concentration – allowing for predictable performance
- Pure PRP: High-tech gel removes ~97.8% contaminating red blood cells
- No foreign components – Virtually eliminates the rise of adverse reactions
- Pyrogen Free
- FDA Clearance: 501(k) number: BK110035
- During a short office visit a small amount of a patient’s own blood is drawn ( similar to what is required for basic lab test) into a 10 mL vacuum collection tube containing a proprietary separator gel.
- The tube is placed into a centrifuge and spun to isolate the platelet- rich plasma.
- The contaminating red and white blood cells are displaced and located below the separator gel.
- The PRP is ready for use according to the clinical use requirements; yielding ~6 mL’s of autologous platelet-rich plasma (A-PRP).
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets are well known to release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote the conditions for healing.
Eclipse PRP is an autologous system that allows physicians to prepare platelet-rich plasma at the point of care. The platelet-rich plasma is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of contaminating red and white blood cells. This system has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
Platelets Release Growth Factors
FDA cleared 510(k) Class II medical device. Eclipse PRP is intended for the safe and rapid preparation of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from a small sample of blood at the patient point of care. When combined with microneedling, PRP achieves greater results.
Contact us for your free consultation at our Bedford, NY cosmetic medical spa in Westchester County. Neighboring cities include the following: Pound Ridge, Chappaqua, Katonah, Mt. Kisco, Pleasantville, White Plains, Harrison, Scarsdale, Rye and York Town Heights NY; as well as Stamford, Greenwich, Ridgefield, Wilton and New Cannon, CT.