What You Need To Know About Lip Injections
- Posted on: Dec 9 2016
Despite its skyrocketing popularity, there are a lot of common misconceptions about lip injections. With all of the information available on the internet, it can be hard to know where to look to find the truth about this treatment. Here’s what you need to know about lip injections before scheduling your appointment:
- Not all fillers are created equal. Different dermal fillers are better for achieving different results. For example, some dermal fillers are better at adding definition to the lips, while others are better at adding volume and plumpness. Find out more about the different kind of dermal fillers here, or contact us to set up a free consultation to discuss which dermal filler would be best for helping you get your dream results.
- Lip injections don’t hurt. Despite what many people fear, patients generally feel little to no discomfort during their treatment. You may feel a brief pinch and mild stinging, but these are temporary and should go away on their own shortly.
- Results generally last between 4 and 6 months. Unfortunately lip injections are generally not permanent, and you will need occasional touch ups to maintain your results. Your doctor will be able to discuss how long you can expect your lip injection results to last when you come in for your free consultation.
- Bruising and swelling are normal. After your treatment, you may experience some redness, swelling and bruising at the treatment area. This should go away on its own within 5 to 7 days. Avoiding blood thinning medications prior to treatment and alcohol, vigorous exercise and direct sun exposure after treatment will help to minimize the appearance of these side effects.
- Results should be subtle and natural. While we have all seen pictures of botched lip injections, you can rest assured that results from an experienced professional will be subtle. An experienced doctor knows how much filler to use to help you achieve your desired lip and how to inject it to keep you from looking “done”. In addition, your lips will still feel as soft and natural as they did before.
- Lip injections can be reversed if you don’t like your results. If by some small chance you are not happy with the results, you are not stuck until the filler wears off. As long as you received a hyaluronic acid dermal filler, your results can be completely erased with a single injection of hyaluronidase.
- If you stop getting injections, your lips will return to their natural size. Although many worry that their lips will become saggy if they stop receiving injections, the truth is that they will simply shrink back down to how they were before you received your fillers. They may even be fuller than they were before, because some studies suggest that dermal fillers can stimulate the body to produce more hyaluronic acid naturally.
If you still have questions about lip injections or are ready to start your treatment, feel free to come in for a free consultation where we can discuss your concerns and help you decide on a treatment plan that will best help you get the plump, sultry lips you’ve been dreaming of!
Posted in: Uncategorized