The Dermatologist’s Guide to Air Travel
- Posted on: Dec 9 2016
For millions, the holiday season means lots of traveling. All of this traveling can wreak havoc on your skin however, leaving it dry and acne-ridden. Is there anything you can do to make sure you put your best face forward this festive season?
- Prepare Your Skin: Preparation truly is the key to success when it comes to keeping your skin clear. Starting to prep your skin several days before the trip by exfoliating and applying a moisturizing lotion can help to prepare your skin for the drying effects of the moistureless air in the plane.
- Stay Hydrated: This #1 rule of skin care applies especially when traveling. Drink plenty of water, or green tea if you prefer, during your flight to keep your skin hydrated from the inside, and invest in a travel sized moisturizer to bring with you on the flight to lock in moisture.
- Don’t Forsake Sunscreen: Yes, even when flying. UV rays can still penetrate the airplane’s windows to reach you, so slathering on sunscreen before boarding is important.
- Keep Your Hands Off: While this is in general a good idea, pay special attention to it while traveling. Airports, and by extension airplanes, are very germy places. When you touch your face, you are introducing all of these germs to your skin and asking for a breakout.
- Pack Carefully: While you may not be able to bring your whole skin care regimen with you, being thoughtful about what stays and what goes can mean the difference between good and bad skin during your trip.
Following these tips can help you to enjoy yourself without worrying about bad skin. Don’t let bad skin ruin your holiday ever again! Do you have any special routines to keep your skin clear and beautiful when you travel? Tell us about them in the comments.
Posted in: Uncategorized