“Let thy food be thy medicine”. Turns out, that ancient proverb was well ahead of its time. There is a growing amount of research coming out nowdays about the effects of what you eat on your complexion. While we all know that processed, greasy or sugary foods can cause breakouts and inflammation, do you know what foods can work wonders for your skin? Here is a list of 6 foods that are amazing for your complexion:
- Dark Chocolate: Good news! You don’t have to give up chocolate to have amazing skin, just start eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is rich with antioxidants, which help improve circulation and help keep skin hydrated. In addition, dark chocolate can help the skin protect itself from UV rays and fight free radicals. All of this means that this delicious treat helps prevent wrinkles, reduce brown spots and keep skin healthy and glowing.
- Kale: This trendy superfood can also help you gain the confidence to leave your house bare-faced in the morning. Kale is rich in vitamins A, C and K, meaning it helps reduce wrinkles and sun damage, keeps skin hydrated and soft and keeps inflammation down. All of this gives you plenty of reasons to jump on the Kale bandwagon and keep up with one of the hottest eating fads today.
- Avocados: As if you needed another reason to enjoy an avocado, it turns out they are also great for promoting clear and beautiful skin. The fats in avocados are great for keeping skin moisturized inside and out, helping fight against lines and wrinkles. So go ahead and pick up an extra avocado when you go to the store. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Kidney Beans: If you struggle with acne, kidney beans can help. Eating a four ounce serving of this delicious legume can help reduce the appearance of acne. This is because kidney beans are rich in both zinc and folic acid, which can help clear pores and control your sweat glands to help keep skin clear of acne and blemishes.
- Water: Drinking the recommended amount of water daily is vital for keeping skin clear, smooth and beautiful. Even if you moisturize daily, drinking water can hydrate skin from the inside and help fight against the formation of wrinkles. In addition, water helps flush away toxins that can cause redness and inflammation, leaving skin radiant and beautiful.